CNA - All Shifts
Gainesville Health and Rehab Center
Gainsville, VA 20155
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic full time and part-time CNAs for our Health and Rehabilitation Center. The Certified Nursing Assistant must be certified with the Virginia Department of Health Professions and currently in good standing. The CNA will perform daily duties such as providing nursing care, monitoring patients and providing nursing staff with reports for residents.
As a CNA Certified Nursing Assistant, you will be responsible for caring for and helping residents with all daily living requirements, as well as interpreting and following all written and oral instructions. We would like our CNA to communicate in a tactful and caring manner with all residents and their families. The CNA will also be responsible for accurately documenting any nursing care in the residents’ clinical record in a timely manner.
Other responsibilities for the CNA include:
• Working with co-workers and other nursing personnel to provide quality care to the resident
• Receiving reports from Nursing Supervisor/Charge Nurse for assigned residents
• Assisting with feeding and setting up of residents trays
• Helping residents with dressing if indicated, making sure that hands and face are washed, oral hygiene is given and that hair is combed
• Making residents beds
• Measuring and recording I & O
• Appropriately positioning residents in bed and turns resident every two hours
• Providing preventative skin care and incontinence care for appropriate residents to ensure they are clean and dry
• Observing, reporting and documenting any unusual behavior or mood changes of residents
• Obtaining and recording vital signs for residents as instructed
• Keeping resident’s room and closet neat and orderly
• Answering resident’s call bell timely
• Reporting any observations pertinent to changes in the resident’s physical status to the charge nurse immediately
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Must have passed CNA certification and currently be in good standing with the Virginia Department of Health Professions
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Demonstrate excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!