Efficiently produce quality food in a high volume banquet kitchen while maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
Core Work Activities
Meetings and Line-Ups
· Meet with Executive Chef or Banquet Chef to discuss relevant information such as changes, updates, production sheets, product usage, etc.
· Communicate with FOH supervisors as to what food items will be served for the designated time period.
· Clearly and descriptively provide accurate menu descriptions for the appropriate food items.
· Perform daily, informative line-ups with assigned culinary staff members that address our global standards, production for the day, uniform standards and grooming.
· Meet with steward department to ensure efficient and proper cleaning and maintenance of our kitchen and storage areas.
Ensure Quality Standards
· Plan, prepare, cook and expedite food as necessary in a timely, consistent, organized and sanitary manner; assisting other employees as time permits. 150+pp cold side, 100+pp hot side.
· Oversee all dining room food set-ups and ensure that they are properly set.
· Practice and monitor proper VA state health regulations in storage areas, kitchen, back dock and food service areas, informing supervising Chef of items that need to be addressed.
· Research current trends in the hospitality industry.
· Work individually with other cooks to help develop their culinary skills, sanitation practices, time management and other areas of needed improvement.
· Ensure that all cleaning lists and logs are being accurately completed.
· Maintain a positive work relationship with all Airlie employees and encourage a positive work environment.
· Fill in for supervising chef and other cooks when necessary, performing their job duties as necessary. Train all new and current employees as necessary.
· Update daily event sheets regularly to ensure accurate production information.
· Assist with monthly inventory as needed, providing accurate accounts of food product on hand.
Perform any other duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or Banquet Chef
Education and Experience
• Very good knowledge of banquet kitchen production, including minimum 2 years experience in hotel banquet kitchens hot & cold food preparation or similar hotel/restaurant cook position. Culinary degree preferred.
• Positive attitude, problem solver, energetic work ethic, extremely detail oriented, work well under pressure, be a leader, strong multi-tasker.
• Serv-safe Certification preferred, must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively at a fast pace for long periods of time.
• Strong culinary skills and general knowledge of international and local cuisine.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to produce basic Microsoft Word and Excel documents and use Microsoft Outlook.
Airlie Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
Reports to the Executive Chef/ Banquet Chef
Please apply directly on our career site at: