$100 signing bonus, and then another $100 bonus after 90 days of employment!
To take part as a productive role of our stewarding team in order to maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work environment.
Core Work Activities
Meetings and Line-Ups
Meet with Stewarding Supervisor(s) to discuss relevant information such as daily events, ongoing projects, repairs, cleaning issues, and any other information relevant to the cleanliness and organization of the Food & Beverage areas.
Be involved with daily, informative line-ups that address our global standards, activities for the day, uniform standards and grooming.
Attend regular chemical education line-ups with the stewarding supervisors addressing the safe and effective use of cleaning products and supplies.
Ensure Quality Standards
Work with our chefs and stewarding team to ensure efficient and proper cleaning, and maintenance of our kitchen and storage areas, staying within scheduled timelines.
Receive, wash and sanitize all Food & Beverage related materials according to standards achieving thoroughness and consistency.
Practice and monitor proper VA state health regulations in storage areas, kitchen, back dock and food service areas, informing Assistant Stewarding Supervisor or Stewarding Supervisor items that need to be addressed.
Work individually with the stewarding supervisors, stewarding and culinary staff to improve the overall success of our dish room and associated Food & Beverage areas.
Learn our kitchen standards as well as our Airlie Global Standards and implement them in everyday work activity.
Complete daily and weekly cleaning lists to Airlie standards, working with supervisors to continually improve our checklists and processes.
Interact with all Airlie employees in a positive and professional manner, contributing to a positive work environment.
Assist with inventories as needed, providing accurate accounts of food product and/or cleaning supplies on hand.
Be punctual, well groomed, have complete uniform, and learn something new each day.
Assist with kitchen food production as needed and instructed by kitchen management.
Perform any other duties as requested by Food & Beverage Management
Education and Experience
• Must have a desire to work hard, be able to follow instruction well, and have general knowledge of the restaurant industry.
• Previous dishwashing experience or other related work experience preferred.
• Positive attitude, problem solver, energetic work ethic, extremely detail oriented, work well under pressure, strong multi-tasker.
• Serv-safe Certification preferred, must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively at a fast pace for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50#, work at a fast pace, be self-motivated, learn quickly and take direction/criticism well.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Airlie Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.