Must have experience and be eager to work!
* Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
* Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
* Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
* Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
* Follow safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
*Organization, Planning, and Prioritizing Work —*
* Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
*Active Listening —*
* Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
* Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Talking to others to convey information effectively.
*Active Learning —*
* Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
*Complex Problem Solving —*
* Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
*Attention to Detail* —
* Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Job requires being honest and ethical.
* Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
*Self Control* —
* Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!