This position is responsible for demonstrating a passion for excellence while assisting new and existing customers with their immediate, short-term and long-term financial needs through the handling of transactions, new account openings, credit requests, and appropriate partner referrals. In addition, this position is responsible for growing the branch’s deposits and loans by embracing a “needs based” sales culture.
• Deliver WOW service while performing a variety of customer transactions and inquiries in accordance with the Bank’s customer service standards and policies/procedures (i.e. handling deposits, check cashing, account holds, customer inquiries, and stop payments).
• Offer guidance to customers and provide a full spectrum of customer services, including: opening new business and personal accounts, explaining bank products and services which are appropriate to customer’s needs, and gathering information needed to accurately and efficiently process new and existing accounts.
• View the business through the lens of the customer to set, achieve and exceed service standards by adhering to the Bank's established Service Quality Standards.
• Achieve individual sales and lending goals. Support accomplishment of branch sales goals by identifying customer needs and promoting/selling the Bank’s products/services; including, but not limited to, utilization of FANS, cross selling products/services to expand customer relationships, promoting the bank through community involvement, attending networking events, and referring business to other branch employees and business partners.
• Develop strong customer relationships through performing new account follow-up (i.e. Thank You letters, outbound calls and utilization of the On-Boarding process) for business and personal accounts and performing account maintenance, including, but not limited to reviewing reports and making/confirming necessary maintenance requests in a timely manner.
• Identify opportunities to grow relationships and independently call on and develop new, existing and prospective consumer and business customers.
• Complete arrangements and documents for special services such as foreign currency/items, direct deposits, and the origination of outgoing wires, service government bond transactions, Notary and other customer services duties, as necessary.
• Maintain knowledge and a strong understanding of the banking industry, the Bank’s products/services, pricing, and the Bank’s customer relationship management software.
• Stay informed of industry trends, competitor information, and maintains knowledge of the Bank’s products/services, pricing, and the Bank’s customer relationship management software; utilize software to identify customers’ needs and refer to other lines of business such as Mortgage, Investments, Insurance, Small Business, and Commercial Lending as needed.
• Perform a variety of administrative functions, including but not limited to, servicing overdrawn/past due accounts (i.e. letters, collections). May provide assistance to Service Operations Leader, other Financial Services Advisors, and/or Branch Manager to ensure satisfactory audit ratings are achieved at the branch level.
• Guide and assist consumer loan applicants through the lending process. Accurately enter application data into the loan origination system. Correspond with customers, applicants, and/or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information. Notify applicants of the loan decision and schedule/hold a closing session and assemble the loan package.
• Assist with branch functions and support other branch teammates or job duties including but not limited to, servicing overdrawn/past due accounts, night depository responsibilities, servicing the branch’s ATM and vault, OFAC review, NSF processing, and Back Counter processing.
• May assist in auditing cash drawers and performing spot checks on cash drawer limits, providing Supervisor overrides and approve cash back limits and monitoring overall performance.
• Adhere and help to ensure adherence to operational guidelines including, but not limited to cash handling, balancing, and work quality standards as outlined in the Cash Handling, Over/Short, and bank policies.
• Embrace cross training on other responsibilities in an effort to develop and grow professionally. Demonstrate ongoing improvement in all areas of performance.
• Maintain compliance with and adhere to all state and federal regulations and bank policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, SAR, CTR, FACT ACT, Community Reinvestment Act, and EEO/AA/Fair Employment Practices.
• Perform other such duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Branch Manager.
Education & Experience
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of one year branch operations, sales, and service experience required
• Some lending experience required
Knowledge & Skills
• Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS
• Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, including customer confidentiality
• Ability to ask questions to uncover and identify varying customer needs; ability to present product features and benefits effectively and provide sound financial guidance
• Demonstrated track record of meeting sales and service goals
• Cash handling and transaction accuracy
• Highly motivated and detail oriented individual
• Decision-making/problem resolution
• Ability to effectively work on a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong listening skills
• Excellent computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and related industry software
• Ability to work all branch hours, including weekends and evenings required
• Comfortable with a fast paced, multi-task environment
Apply online: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/EVB1000/JobBoard/9d0d7952-0a51-ebe8-b310-f2497b57604b/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d6fa5e1e-fc0e-486b-82a3-6f89bba51bc5