Information Technology Specialist
Rainforest Trust -- a U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships -- seeks an Information Technology Specialist to support the day-to-day work of the organization. This is a part-time or full-time position in our office in Warrenton, Virginia, 45 minutes west of Washington DC.
The principal duties of the Information Technology Specialist include:
• Maintain fleet of Dell and Apple workstations
• Troubleshoot and repair workstation and network issues
• Streamline network for maximum efficiency
• Manage regular data backups of staff workstations
• Program, develop and design applications
• Organize and support web server, email systems and Google Suite services
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s level degree in Information Technology, Network Administration or other relevant field
• Experience setting up and managing VPNs
• Experience with Windows and Mac networks and a strong fundamental understanding of network operations and Internet protocols and connectivity
• Experience with Windows Server 2012 including Active Directory
• Experience with MacOS X
• Experience with database software (including FileMaker Pro)
• Ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and follow-through and capacity to think creatively and strategically
• Strong organizational skills and experience with project management
How To Apply:
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!