Fauquier County Government is currently seeking qualified and enthusiastic candidates for the position of Legal Secretary in the County Attorney's Office.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified candidates may be considered for a Senior Legal Secretary position.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
- Provides secretarial/administrative support services for County Attorney’s Office
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with department operations within designated timeframes and per established procedures
- Answers telephone calls and directs to appropriate personnel
- Prepares and maintains department’s legal files and records
- Monitors and maintains a tracking system for continuing legal education credits for professional staff
- Makes and coordinates travel arrangements for professional staff and prepares vouchers for expense reimbursement and travel for department employees
- Assists in tracking and monitoring documentation into spreadsheets; monitors and updates electronic document shares in SharePoint sites
- Coordinates calendar activities
- Types warrant, affidavit, and warrant statements
- Assists in preparation for presentation of case in court.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Some knowledge of local government law
- Working knowledge of Library of Virginia regulations
- Any combination of education equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by courses in secretarial science or closely related field and Microsoft Office programs, considerable clerical and office administration experience and some law office or legal secretary experience
- Possession and maintenance of Notary Public certification.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit:
Fauquier County Human Resources