Exciting part-time temporary position available with Fauquier County General Services!
Duration: 5/14/2018 - 8/17/2018
• Mows grass, weed eats, and performs lawn maintenance; trims trees and shrubbery;
• Seeding, planting, pruning, spraying and fertilizing grass and trees;
• Maintaining and repairing equipment;
• Provides assistance in other trades, including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, roofing, and painting;
• Pick up and deliver material;
• Performs responsible semiskilled and skilled work in a variety of building and grounds maintenance and laborer assignments;
• Paints interior and exterior of building and facilities;
• Repairs, replaces, and installs drywall; prepares surfaces for painting;
• Utilizes electric and pneumatic sprayers, rollers and brushes to apply paint;
• Stains and finishes wood surfaces; finishes, seals and waterproofs surfaces;
• Assists with other trades as required;
• Perform related tasks as required.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent;
• Knowledge and ability to care for buildings and grounds;
• Some equipment or mechanical experience preferred;
• This is heavy work requiring the excretion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Employee may be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils;
• Requires driving record back ground check;
• Valid VA Driver’s License.
Fauquier County Human Resources