Fauquier Springs Country Club
Swimming Pool Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to enforcing policies and procedures, which ensure efficient and effective operation of pool facilities including personnel management and training. Duties involve all swimming pool operations, including first aid, rotations, scheduling for staff, public relations, janitorial duties, limited pool maintenance including daily chemical analysis/testing, pool cleaning, cleaning of bathrooms & concession stand area, swim lessons and all other duties as necessary or required. This employee should have excellent organizational, communication, and public relation skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work.
Examples of work (essential functions)
• Prepare all work schedules for employees making sure the manager or head life guard is on duty at all times the pool is open
• Chemical analysis and application
• Assist General Manager in hiring of lifeguards
• Insure hourly employees work no more than 40 hours per week
• Report hours, days, & time worked for all employees under his/her direct supervision • Have all completed timecards to the accounting office timely.
• Insure employees under his/her direct supervision are properly trained in their duties
• Hold monthly training & safety meetings for all employees under his/her direct supervision
• Track pool attendance
• Insure proper operating condition of all equipment
• Handle first aid problems
• Maintain staff rotations and staff breaks
• Maintain discipline at the swimming pool and supervises all staff enforcing staff policies and rules
• Enforce the rules and regulations to staff and public
• Maintain positive public relations at the swimming pool
• Document and reports all disciplinary problems and accidents to the General Manager-reports will be neat and concise
• Maintain a clean facility including but not limited to bathrooms, trash picked up in and outside of facility, pool vacuumed and pool deck washed a minimum of 2 times per week, more as needed.
• Set a positive example for the rest of the staff to follow
• Inform General Manager when supplies are needed and if equipment needs repaired
• Schedule events held at the pool at times other than the regularly scheduled hours
• Check all gates and doors at closing time
• Meet with the General Manager once each month and provide information concerning pool operations
• Other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Education & Experience: Prefer candidates with significant knowledge and experience in pool management operations. Training equivalent to high school diploma required. General management experience preferred. Must have Lifeguard Training Certification, CPR & First Aid Certification.
Age: Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Skills: The ability to follow department policies and procedures and to concentrate on tasks in the presence of distractions. Be able to understand and follow instructions. This employee should have the ability to provide instructions to employees under his/her supervision and have excellent organizational, public relation, oral and written communication skills. Worker will be trained to operate equipment properly.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is a factor in this position. The employee encounters problems answering questions and concerns of the membership who may be dissatisfied with policies and procedures.
Decision-Making: Decision-making is a factor in this position. This employee makes decisions concerning employee scheduling, supplies needed, discipline of members and employees, prioritizing daily work assignments, and performing daily duties in the most efficient manner.
Accountability: Employee is responsible for limited budgetary control of the department. The employee does not participate in the annual department budget process.
Supervision: The General Manager provides supervision and job related decisions are reviewed.
Personal Relations: Daily contact with the membership, co-workers, supervisory personnel, and other departments are expected.
Working Conditions: Manual labor is required. Extreme weather conditions and working with chemicals are factors in this position.
Physical Requirements: Physical exertions to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy objects. Climbing in and out of the swimming pool, up and down ladders. Employee should have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication as well as the ability to convey detailed or important instructions to other employees and the membership.
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!