Preventive Maintenance Technician
The hotel preventive maintenance position is responsible for completing daily inspections and repairs to their scheduled work areas and locations while submitting work orders for jobs that require specific skill sets to complete.
Core Work Activities
•Complete work in a timely manner
•Inspect scheduled areas daily for any maintenance issues
•Provide maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices, repairs/duties may include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs as well as cleaning HVAC filters and insuring all systems are operating correctly
•Changing light bulbs in fixtures and lamps as well as checking for proper operation of television remote controls testing batteries and replacing them if necessary
•Submit work orders to Maintenance as required
•Maintain the Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file
•Work independently in individual rooms to ensure that elements of the rooms are, “In working Order” according to the standards of Airlie.
Adhere to and Promote Airlie Global Standards
• Be Informed
• Maintain a Sense of Ownership
• Treat Everyone with Respect
• Smile and Project Positive Attitude
• We are one Team
Working with Salto’s commercial door lock system
• Troubleshoot and repair door locks, check and change batteries and program locks
• Install new door locks
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
• Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in a maintenance or facilities trade
• General knowledge of construction trades involving basic electrical, carpentry, painting, drywall installation and repair, and plumbing.
• Must have working knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and Virginia building codes
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb and work from a ladder
• Must have own basic tools
• Must have the ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components that require manual dexterity.
Airlie Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
Reports to the Chief Engineer
Please apply directly on our career site at: