Web and Graphic Developer
Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced Web and Graphic Developer to oversee WordPress website development and maintenance. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for utilizing Google Analytics and SEO analysis.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 16 million acres across 26 countries at 130 project sites with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Write and modify code to customize site layout and functionality
• Create new pages and add media using WordPress CMS
• Troubleshoot website for bugs and perform maintenance and run updates
• Work with range of media; integrate multi-media content into site
• Review website statistics and monitor Google Analytics
• Identify and evaluate improvement options; introduce new technology
• Develop graphics for screen and print by coordinating with staff; design icons, banners, publications, print materials, etc.
Qualification & Skills Required:
• Minimum 2 years of web design and development experience required
• Proficiency with Adobe CC software
• Excellent WordPress skills
• Ability to implement responsive web design practices
• Excellent graphic design skills
• Demonstrated creative, technical, and analytical skills
• Adaptable; able to pick up new techniques
• Detail orientated; able to multi-task
• Optimize website content for maximum visibility and ranking in search engines
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Familiarity with Google Analytics
• Provide quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
• A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• BS / BA university degree (preferred, not required).
The candidate will work in our central office with 30 staff in Warrenton, Virginia, just 45 minutes west of Washington DC.
How To Apply:
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!