Kinloch Farm Manager Brad Baker, 30, died Jan. 1, 1981, in a Washington hospital, the day after he suffered shotgun wounds to the head and groin.
It’s one of those necessary legal steps that we have to take to make sure the result in the case is final. I’m hopeful and confident Central State will return him to competency so we can return to court.
— Commonwealth’s Attorney Jim Fisher
Baker Murder Case
• Defendant: Ronald Richard Cloud, 65, serving life sentence for abduction and rape since 1988 in West Virginia.
• Victim: Brad Baker, 30, manager of Kinloch Farm east of The Plains.
• Details: Mr. Baker suffered shotgun wounds to head and groin Dec. 31, 1980, in his house at Kinloch. He died the next day.
• Investigation: Led to four felony charges, including first-degree murder, against Mr. Cloud in January 2013.
• Trial: Originally scheduled for November in Fauquier County Circuit Court.
• Latest development: Defendant found incompetent to stand trail and committed to Central State Hospital in Petersburg for six months of treatment and continued evaluation. Report due April 24, 2014.
• Lead defense attorney: Katherine Martell of Fairfax
• Lead prosecutor: Commonwealth’s Attorney James P. Fisher
• Judge: Jeffrey W. Parker
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.