• Defendant: Ronald Richard Cloud, 65, serving life sentence for abduction and rape since 1988 in West Virginia.
• Victim: Brad Baker, 30, manager of Kinloch Farm east of The Plains.
• Details: Mr. Baker suffered shotgun wounds to head and groin Dec. 31, 1980, in his house at Kinloch. He died the next day.
• Investigation: Led to four charges, including murder, against Mr. Cloud in January 2013.
• Trial: Scheduled Sept. 16-20 in Fauquier County Circuit Court
• Lead defense attorney: Katherine Martell of Fairfax
• Prosecutor: Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Jamey E. Cook
• Next: Hearings on five defense motions at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 23