Investing in clean energy “helps keep Virginia in the forefront of economic development,” Microsoft Director of Energy Markets Jim Collins says.
I admit that this 20-megawatt Remington (plant) will always be one of my favorites, due to its proximity to my family’s farm. I do think that it is one of the most beautiful solar projects we have, as it is laid out so nicely on the rolling hills.
— Ruth Prideaux, Dominion Energy director of generation construction, who grew up near Marshall
Remington Solar Farm
• Ribbon cutting: Thursday, Oct. 26.
• What: 20-megawatt solar plant capable of generating electricity to power 5,000 homes.
• Where: 12080 Lucky Hill Road, near Remington.
• Owner: Dominion Virginia Power.
• Size: 236,000 panels on 125 acres.
• Cost: $46 million.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.