The most significant cost factor in this is time. If we wait another year, it could cost another $2.8 million . . . . I think we would not be serving the taxpayers well if we wait another year.
— School board Chairman Brian Gorg
School Board Proposal
• What: Consolidated middle school on Taylor campus, along East Shirley Avenue in Warrenton.
• Estimated cost: $55.3 million.
• Timeline: 3 years, 11 months.
• Capacity: 1,000 students.
• Details: Taylor would be demolished and replaced with a new building behind the adjacent Warrenton Community Center, near Brumfield Elementary. The plan might include a shared bus loop with Brumfield and a separate entrance for other vehicles. Taylor’s existing site would get used for sports fields. Warrenton Middle School on Waterloo Street would get repurposed.