It just kind of hit me: This would be kind of a good spot for a data center.
— Lee District Supervisor Chris Butler
Remington Technology Park
• What: Planned data center complex.
• Where: 234 acres along Lucky Hill Road just northeast of Remington.
• Landowner: Remington Technology Park Ltd. Partnership; principal investor, Alberta, Canada-based Point One Holdings Inc.
• Estimated investment: $1.4 billion to $1.6 billion.
• Planned buildings: 6 data centers, plus an onsite substation to provide electricity.
• Under roof: 1.5 million to 1.8 million square feet square feet, with data center structures ranging from 240,000 to 310,000 square feet each.
• Projected employment: 120 to 180 permanent, full-time jobs; 200 full-time equivalent construction jobs.