Stay in the know! Sign up to get
Fauquier County news updates
delivered to your inbox.
Advertise on Fauquier Now!
What do you think of Fauquier’s real estate tax rate of $1.039 per $100 assessed value?
HOME & GARDEN
Free classifieds! Members can also post calendar events, news, opinions and more ... all for free!
Forgot Your Password?
June 6, 2016
74th Remington fireman’s parade draws a crowd
Remington Volunteer Fire and Rescue President Steve Wright drives the ladder truck.
Storm clouds bypassed Remington Friday evening in time for the annual fireman’s parade, the last of its kind in Fauquier County.
Organized by the Remington Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, the parade drew about 90 participants from Spotsylvania, Culpeper, Orange, Fauquier and surrounding counties.
Citizens lined the sidewalks of Main Street waving and cheering at fire engines, police cars, military vehicles, church groups, Boy Scouts and pageant queens.
The parade continued onto Church Street, past the judges’ table, while citizens watched from their front porches.
2016 parade award winners:
Floats and Majorettes
• First place senior majorette group: Dixie Royals.
• Second place senior majorette group: Tip Top Twirlers.
• First place junior majorette group: Tip Top Twirlers.
• First place: Tiny Tots Tip Top Twirlers.
• Second place junior majorette group: Dixie Royals.
• Second place: Tiny Tots Dixie Royal.
• Best appearing civic float: Dirty Duck Riding.
• Best appearing religious float: Mount Holly Baptist Church.
• Best commercial or business float: CLS Trucking.
• Best appearing towing company: Foster’s Towing.
Fire and Rescue Apparatus
• First place best appearing pumper: Marshall Volunteer Fire Department.
• Second place best appearing pumper: Little Fork Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• First place best appearing specialty piece: Brandy Station Volunteer Fire and Rescue 2.
• Second place best appearing specialty piece: Amissville Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• First place best appearing life support unit: Lois Volunteer Fire Department.
• First place best advanced life support unit: Richardsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• Honorary fire chief: Amissville Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• Best appearing tanker: Goldvein Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• Best appearing brush truck: Richardsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• Best appearing response vehicle: Richardsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Chief.
• Unit coming the longest distance: Lake of The Woods Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• W.E. Andes Memorial oldest piece still in service: Lois Volunteer Fire Department Engine 13.
• F.K. Ritch Memorial best appearing department: Richardsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
• Evans M. Groves Memorial best antique apparatus: Navy Vale Old Dominion Fire Apparatus.
Sign up for e-mail news alerts from FauquierNow.com
"Like" FauquierNow on Facebook
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.
To comment, please
Email News Alerts
Enter your email address above to begin receiving
news updates from FauquierNow.com via email.
Remington solar energy farm project on track
Friday, March 24
Thousands of panels going into place along Lucky Hill Road, where construction started last month
Close encounters of the most malodorous variety
Friday, March 24
If you have dogs and live in the country, be prepared for Pepé Le Pew's offensive defense
5 Friday Fauquier factoids: Sky Meadows draws crowd
Friday, March 24
County prosecutors’ caseload, the cost of landfill “garbage juice,” solar panel installations and price tag for WARF roof replacement
More Fauquier news
Patricia “Pat” Raye Corbin Ball
Samuel M. Pierce
Sylvia Ann “Peanut” Coffman
Christine A. Ritchie
Francis L. Mason
View all obituaries
Food & Dining
Red Truck Bakery
View all food & dining
Health & Medicine
Tribute at Heritage Village
The Natural Marketplace
View all health & medicine
Ask Dave Wills, Long and Foster REALTORS
Tammy Roop - Century 21 New Millennium
Gulick, Carson & Thorpe, PC
Warrenton Baptist Tiny Tots
Anne Michael Greene, Principal Broker – Marshall Real Estate
Mark B. Williams, PLC
View all pro services
Marta’s Gifts and Fine Jewelry
Dragonfly Native American Jewelry
Kelly Ann’s Quilting
Red Thread Yarn Shop
The Town Duck
View all retail shopping
© Copyright 2011-2016
50 Culpeper Street, Suite 3
Warrenton, Virginia 20187
Add Your News
The Big Picture
Post an Ad
Terms of Service