Everyone I speak to is enthusiastic about the data center coming. . . . I think it will be good for our small town.
— Tina Younis, cattle farmer
• Topic: Rezoning application for data center on 234 acres along Lucky Hill Road just northeast of Remington.
• When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27.
• Agency: Fauquier County Planning Commission.
• Action: Planning commission unanimously recommended approval of rezoning
• Length: 13 minutes.
• Speakers: Five, with 4 supporting; one criticized the application but appeared to take no position.
• Where: Warren Green Building, 10 Hotel St., Warrenton.
• Applicant: Alberta, Canada-based Point One Holdings Inc.
• Landowners: Remland LLC (Bill and Bob Springer of Fauquier) and VCA LLC of Alexandria.
• Proposed buildings: 6, plus an onsite substation to provide electricity to project.
• Under roof: 1.5 million to 1.8 million square feet square feet, with data center structures ranging from 240,000 to 310,000 square feet each.
• Estimated investment: $1.4 billion to $1.6 billion.
• Employment: 120 to 180 permanent, full-time jobs; 200 full-time equivalent construction jobs.
• Next: Board of supervisors, which has final authority, will conduct March 8 public hearing.