I understand that we’re not always going to get exactly what we want on a project like this. But what we get is so important to the health, the vibrancy of this community.
— Mary Leigh McDaniel, Marshall District supervisor
Marshall Main St. Project
Key features include:
• New sidewalks and crosswalks along Main Street from just east of Winchester Road (Route 17) to just west of Frost Street near the old IGA.
• New sidewalks and crosswalks on Winchester Road.
• Moving electrical, phone and cable TV lines underground, eliminating utility poles.
• New street trees, lamps, benches and landscaping.
• A decorative, knee-high brick wall fronting 7-Eleven store at Rectortown Road and Main Street.