This case isn’t about winning or losing. It’s about justice and accountability for the tragic death of Dr. Katy Krista.
— Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Charles K. Peters
Mendoza Involuntary Manslaughter Case
• What: Jan. 5, 2018, fatal vehicle collision on Route 50 in Fauquier just west of Middleburg.
• Victim: Dr. Kathryn M. Krista, 41, of Bluemont.
• Defendant: Wilian Alfredo Mendoza, 22, of Stephens City.
• Jury trial: Nov. 15-16 in Fauquier County Circuit Court.
• Verdict: Guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
• Jury: 6 men and 6 women, selected Thursday morning.
• Prosecutor: Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Charles K. Peters.
• Defense lawyers: Assistant Public Defenders Catherine Carre and DaRong P. Hultman.
• Judge: Herman A. Whisenant Jr.