Puller Veteran Care Center
• Services: Nursing, dementia and short-term rehabilitative care for military veterans.
• Where: 30 acres at Vint Hill Road and Vint Hill Parkway in eastern Fauquier.
• Operator: Virginia Department of Veterans Services.
• Beds: 120.
• Cost: Estimated $48 million, excluding donated land.
• Staff: 150.
• Opening: Late 2019, two years after construction starts.
• Background: The state operates similar 400-bed and 240-bed centers in Richmond and Roanoke, respectively. Virginia will announce another 120-bed center in Hampton or Virginia Beach next month. The state hopes to earn federal reimbursement for construction of the new centers.