Data Center Project
• What: Alberta, Canada-based Point One Holdings Inc. seeks rezoning approval from county board of supervisors for data center campus.
• Where: 234 acres along Lucky Hill Road, just northeast of Remington.
• Property owners: Bill and Bob Springer of Warrenton; VCA LLC of Alexandria.
• Proposed buildings: 6, plus an onsite substation to provide power to project.
• Under roof: 1.8 million square feet square feet, with data center structures ranging from 240,000 to 310,000 square feet.
• Estimated investment: $1.4 billion to $1.6 billion.
• Employment: 120 to 180 permanent, full-time jobs; 200 full-time equivalent construction jobs.
• Applications: Request to rezone from residential to “Business Park;” site has approval for 199 home lots and to eliminate $2.7 million in cash proffers for a separate, 197-lot subdivision rezoned in 2003.
• Schedule: Feb. 8 board of supervisors’ work session; Feb. 15 county planning commission work session; an advisory panel to the supervisors, the commission will conduct a Feb. 27 public hearing; supervisors, which has final authority, expects to conduct March 8 public hearing.