Photos/Don Del Rosso
The crew begins to place the tower’s third and final section.
I had a pretty good idea we’d see it. It was a work in progress. But, finally we were able to get things in line that made sense and the neighbors were happy.
— Cedar Run District Supervisor Rick Gerhardt
• Where: 5348 Casanova Road, just west of the village.
• Height: 140 feet.
• Site: 40 acres zoned agriculture.
• Landowner: Mary Jo Pohzehl.
• Tower owner: Calvert Crossland of Baltimore; company leases a 360-square-foot tower site from Pohzehl family for undisclosed sum and period.
• Purpose: Provide better cell phone and data service around Casanova, where signals range from weak to non-existent.
• Tower space: Four providers, including Verizon Wireless, which could begin providing cell service in 30 to 60 days, according to Calvert Crossland; the company continues to negotiate with New Jersey-based Omnipoint Communications, which provides broadband internet service.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.