I think they keep glossing over the fact that it would be ((ultimately with approval) 160 feet tall, with a 5-foot lighting rod on the top, and only 72 feet from the greenway.
— Planning Commissioner Anna Maas
• Topic: 140-foot monopole cell tower with 60-by-60-foot equipment compound on 6.2 acres at 721 Industrial Road, Warrenton.
• Agency: Warrenton Planning Commission
• When: Tuesday, Sept. 18.
• Speakers: Two, both opposed to tower application.
• Vote: 6-0 to deny the commission permit; 6-0 to recommend denial of the special use permit to the town council.
• Property owner: Carter Machinery Co. Inc.
• Applicant: Capital Telecommunication Holdings LLC.
• Carrier: Verizon Wireless.
• Tower: Would provide 4G LTE coverage and capacity relief; space for three additional carriers.
• Zoning: Industrial.
• Needs: Special use permit, commission permit and approval from town board of zoning appeals.
• Next: Town council will hold a public hearing Tuesday, Oct. 9.