This is a concrete play to the data center market. We’re trying to build the commercial/industrial core.
— Planning consultant Chuck Floyd
Vint Hill Proposal
• What: Proposed zoning amendment to allow an additional 751,265 square feet of nonresidential building space at Vint Hill near New Baltimore.
• Where: 253 acres at Aiken Drive and Kennedy Road; additional square feet requested would apply to about 168 acres of property.
• Property owners: Vint Hill Village LLC and Vint Hill Land 1 LLC.
• Potential uses: Data centers, office buildings and warehouses, according to the application. Vint Hill’s concept development plan allows a maximum 3.1 million square feet of development at the former 695-acre Army base. The requested additional 751,265 square feet represents a 24.2-percent increase in space.
• Next: Review process involves work sessions and public hearings before the county planning commission and board of supervisors, which has final authority on the application.