I think the more citizens are involved in our government, the more we as council members are responsive to them.
• Age: 48
• Warrenton government experience: Elected as mayor, May 2018; chairman of Warrenton’s Architectural Review Board, 2014-18.
• Stipend as mayor: $800 a month.
• Work: Co-owner, Carter & Spence, Main Street, Warrenton, 14 years; regional sales manager (Mid-Atlantic and Southeast), Cape Classics Wine Imports, 4 years; district sales manager, National Distributing Co., 6 years; ladder runner, prep cook and bartender, C&O Restaurant, Charlottesville, 9 years.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree, English, University of Virginia, 1991.
• Family: Wife Kathleen, son Hugh and dog Rosie.
• Hobbies: Mushroom foraging, cycling, running, hiking, cooking and traveling.