New Remington Town Hall
• What: 2,200-square-foot, one-story town hall.
• Where: Half-acre lot at 105 E. Main St.; property includes building that houses town’s maintenance and police departments.
• Architect: John Mills of Remington.
• Contractor: Frank C. Poland Inc., Bealeton.
• Cost: $420,000.
• Zoning: Commercial.
• Details: New town hall features a council chamber, which can accommodate up to 36, including citizens, mayor, council and staff; waiting area; town staff and DMV office space; employee “break” room; three restrooms; and storage.
• Construction schedule: Site work could begin in two weeks; contractor has 180 days, or a “reasonable” amount of more time, to complete project; but, barring foul-weather delays and site development complications, Mr. Poland believes it could be finished in three months.