We think it’s appropriate. He’s going to serve 15 years in prison and has 50 years hanging over his head. That’s significant.
— Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Jamey E. Cook
Ruffin Robbery Case
• What: Robbery of The Great Wall Chinese restaurant in the Bealeton Village shopping center on Sept. 5, 2015.
• Victim: Daou Ou Chen, 45, restaurant owner.
• Defendant: Roderic Odyseuss Ruffin Jr., 27, of Chesapeake.
• Conviction: Mr. Ruffin Wednesday, Jan. 31, pleaded guilty to armed robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
• Sentence: 50 years, with 35 years suspended; imposed by the judge Wednesday, Jan. 31.
• Defense attorneys: Deputy Public Defender Kevin J. Gerrity and Assistant Public Defender Catherine Carre.
• Prosecutor: Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Jamey E. Cook.
• Judge: Herman A. Whisenant Jr.