There is a reluctance on the part of this board to go to 3-1/2 cents (more on the real estate tax rate). I am getting a getting a fearful beating from my folks because of what is going on in Washington and what is going on in Richmond.
— Holder Trumbo, Scott District supervisor
• Topic: Proposed county budget of $268 million and possible real estate tax rate of $1.005 for fiscal 2014
• When: 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 19
• Where: Warrenton Middle School auditorium
• Agency: Fauquier County Board of Supervisors
• Next: Supervisors final budget work session at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, with budget and tax rate adoption at 5 p.m. Thursday, March 28