Trading homes for high-value commercial-industrial development, that’s a no-brainer for me. And the benefit to the tax base is a good thing.
— Supervisor Chris Granger
• Topics: Rezoning application for data center on 234 acres along Lucky Hill Road just northeast of Remington; application to amend cash proffer on Fox Haven subdivision at Route 28 and School House Road near Bealeton.
• When: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 8.
• Agency: Fauquier board of supervisors.
• Where: Warren Green Building, 10 Hotel St., Warrenton.
• Data center applicant: Alberta, Canada-based Point One Holdings Inc.
• Proffer amendment applicants: Fox Meadows Investment Company LLC (Bill and Bob Springer of Fauquier County) and GGFS/Foxhaven LLC of Alexandria.
• Landowners: Remland LLC (Bill and Bob Springer of Fauquier) and VCA LLC of Alexandria; Fox Meadows Investment Col LLC (Bob and Bill Springer) and GGFS/Foxhaven LLC of Alexandria.
• Proposed buildings: 6, plus an onsite substation to provide electricity to project.
• Under roof: 1.5 million to 1.8 million square feet square feet, with data center structures ranging from 240,000 to 310,000 square feet each.
• Estimated investment: $1.4 billion to $1.6 billion.
• Employment: 120 to 180 permanent, full-time jobs; 200 full-time equivalent construction jobs.