With the exception of a small group, it’s been fairly positive. I think there are a lot of people excited, but there may be some that are not.
— County Zoning Administrator Kim Johnson
• Topic: Proposed “Marshall Code.”
• When: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 17.
• Agency: Fauquier Planning Commission.
• Where: Marshall Community Center, 4133 Rectortown Road.
• Details: Proposed 31-page code would create new zoning regulations to more effectively implement county’s long-range vision of Marshall as a diverse, thriving village.
• Next: Planning commission will keep public hearing open and decide whether to return to Marshall in June for more citizen comments.