I’m happy to see it moving forward. It’s looking good. It shows the town well.
— Councilman Stanley Heaney Sr.
New Remington Town Hall
• What: 2,200-square-foot, one-story building.
• Where: Half-acre lot at 105 E. Main St.; property includes building that houses town’s maintenance and police departments.
• Architect: John Mills of Remington.
• Contractor: Frank C. Poland Inc. of Bealeton.
• Cost: $420,000.
• Details: New town hall features a council chamber, which can accommodate up to 36, including citizens, mayor, council and staff; waiting area; town staff and Virginia Motor Vehicle Department office space; employee “break” room; three restrooms and storage.
• Construction schedule: Mr. Poland believes the project could be completed in 60 to 90 days.