The sixth annual race took place Sunday, Sept. 17, with runners and walkers starting and finishing at the Warrenton Aquatics and Recreation Facility. About 400 people entered. Their fees, along with corporate sponsorships, provided the funds donated to local groups.
In six years, Bodies in Motion has raised $154,000 for charities.
The foundation awarded this year’s contributions during a Nov. 1 reception at Alwyngton Manor in Warrenton.
Jeff Hollis, CEO of Blue Ridge Orthopaedic and Spine Center and treasurer of its foundation, praised the work of the community’s non-profits in presenting checks to:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Fauquier.
• Community Touch.
• Falcons Booster Club (soccer team).
• Families 4 Fauquier.
• Fauquier County Food Coalition.
• Fauquier Education Farm.
• Fauquier Family Shelter.
• Fauquier FISH.
• Fauquier Free Clinic.
• Fauquier Habitat for Humanity.
• Fauquier High School Athletic Department.
• Girls On The Run Piedmont.
• Haymarket Food Pantry.
• Kettle Run High School Athletic Program.
• Liberty High School Athletic Program.
• Marshall Volunteer Rescue Squad.
• Mental Health Association of Fauquier County.
• Rainbow Therapeutic Riding Center.
• Piedmont TOPSoccer.
• Town of Warrenton Police Department.
• Verdun Adventure Bound.
• The Sweet Julia Grace Foundation.
• Warrenton Volunteer Fire Co.
The seventh annual Bodies in Motion 5k & 10k will take place Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018.