Books on the Bus to expand, hitting the road June 11
Books on the Bus will operate Tuesday through Friday, June 11 through July 26.
Fauquier’s Books On the Bus program will expand its outreach and offerings this summer.
A combination of private donations and grants will provide the funding for the book bus to continue to travel to northern, central and southern Fauquier County each week, on this schedule:
• Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Marshall Community Center.
• Wednesdays 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Eva Walker Park in Warrenton.
• Thursdays 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Cedar Lee Middle School in Bealeton.
• Thursdays noon to 1 p.m. Marsh Run Community near Bealeton.
• Fridays 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at M.M. Pierce Elementary School in Remington.
Books on the Bus will operate June 11 through July 26. It will be on vacation the week of July 1.
The bus will travel Tuesday through Friday, providing snacks, movement, literacy and music activities. New this summer will be family games, a preschool exploration area and Saint James’ art teacher, Rebecca Quinn, providing weekly art lessons.
A variety of sports teams and community groups also will join the bus BOB the summer to share their skills and services. Already confirmed are the WARF, FISH, Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office, Fauquier County Public Library, Verdun Adventure Bound, Allegro Community School for the Arts, Fauquier Free Clinic, Department of Social Services, Lions Club Vision and Screening and sports teams from Kettle Run and Liberty high schools.