Fauquier County Public Schools has released its fee schedule for 2017-18.
Students will start classes Wednesday, Aug. 16.
• Consumable material fees (for workbooks, writing and drawing books, etc.): $12 for grades K-5, $20 for grades 6-8 and $25 for grades 9-12
• Rental fees for musical instruments: $40
• Paper transcripts for inactive students (no longer enrolled or one year after graduation): $5 per paper transcript
• Parking fees: $100 annually ($2 fee to reissue lost parking permit and $1 fee per day for temporary, daily parking pass)
• $60 per high school student per season in interscholastic athletic sports or partially-funded sports, marching band or ensembles
One $60 fee permits a high school student to participate in multiple musical ensembles throughout the year
• $60 per middle school student per sport or activity
• $35 per middle school student per intramural program per session
• Art class fee (secondary level): $25
• Photography class fee (secondary level): $100
• Career and technical education material fees: $25 for Cosmetology I and $50 for Cosmetology II and III.
• Advanced physical education class fee: $25
Middle and high school students will have the option of purchasing school-issued gym uniforms. Physical education students who choose not to purchase the school-issued gym uniform will be required to wear shorts (any color) with a 7-inch inseam and a short-sleeved, crew neck t-shirt (any color). Additional information is available at the schools.
Fees, with the exception of parking fees, are waived for economically disadvantaged students and students whose families are undergoing economic hardships and are financially unable to pay them. High school principals may waive parking fees at their discretion. Fees may be paid in person at the school or by mail.
Contact specific schools for more information or visit each school’s website through the FCPS home page.