Children who are 5 years old, on or before September 30, 2017, are eligible for kindergarten.
Between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., April 3 to 7, parents can register the child at the school they will attend during 2017-18.
Parents also can register on the school system’s website, beginning Monday, April 3.
Some schools may require the child’s presence at the time of registration.
Parents can use the attendance zone service online to locate their child’s school.
Parents must bring the following documents for registration:
• Photo ID of parent/guardian.
• Child’s original birth certificate.
• Custody papers (if applicable).
• A Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form signed by a physician. This form must include a current immunization record and must be dated within one year of the enrollment date. It must be submitted to the school nurse for review before the first day of school.
• Two forms of proof of residency (housing contract, rental agreement, property tax bill, deed, mortgage statement or utility bill). A driver’s license is not acceptable proof of residency.
All of Fauquier County’s elementary schools will hold kindergarten registration.
Additional information may be obtained by calling the child’s school:
• Bradley, 422-7510
• Brumfield, 422-7530
• Coleman, 422-7550
• Greenville, 422-7570
• Miller, 422-7590
• Pearson, 422-7610
• Pierce, 422-7630
• Ritchie, 422-7650
• Smith, 422-7670
• Thompson, 422-7690
• Walter, 422-7710
Parents who need help in a language other than English to register their child may call 540-422-7118 or 540- 422-7024. Si necesita ayuda en español para matricular a su hijo, llame 540-422-7118 o 540-422-7024.