Secretary Hazel keynoter for health care forum here
File Photo/Lawrence Emerson
Virginia Secretary of Health and Human Resources William A. Hazel Jr. will deliver the keynote at the forum, “Removing Barriers to Affordable Health Care” on Thursday, May 25, in Warrenton.
Virginia’s secretary of health and human resources will speak at a forum, “Removing Barriers to Affordable Health Care” on Thursday, May 25, in Warrenton.
William A. Hazel Jr. has served under as the state’s top health care official under Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) and Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D). A Fauquier native, Dr. Hazel practiced orthopedic surgery before the appointment.
He will deliver the keynote address at the forum, sponsored by the Northern Piedmont Chapter of the Virginia Interfaith Council, with support from the PATH Foundation.
The event, starting at 7 p.m. at Taylor Middle School in Warrenton, also will feature a panel discussion with:
• Chad Melton, Fauquier Health’s CEO.
• Linda Wilkinson, Virginia Association of Free Clinics CEO.
• Steve Wojcik, Health Business Group vice president for public policy and a Warrenton resident.
• Sallie Morgan, Fauquier County Mental Health Association CEO.
• Bill Botts, former executive director of Rappahannock Legal Aid and and a former ACA health navigator.
Forum attendance will be free and open to the public.