Stay in the know! Sign up to get
Fauquier County news updates
delivered to your inbox.
Advertise on Fauquier Now!
How often do you use your mobile phone?
HOME & GARDEN
Free classifieds! Members can also post calendar events, news, opinions and more ... all for free!
Forgot Your Password?
March 8, 2017
High school Science and Engineering Fair Saturday
Staff photo/Cassandra Brown
Wakefield student Robert Guiney discusses his project on bridge strength during last year's science fair.
Twenty-one students from public and private schools in Fauquier County will exhibit projects at the senior division of the Regional Science and Engineering Fair Saturday, March 11.
The fourth annual science fair will take place in the Fauquier High School cafeteria.
Judging, which is closed to the public, will occur between 9 and 11:30 a.m.
The public may visit the fair from noon to 1 p.m.
The awards ceremony will take place from 1-2 p.m. featuring a brief keynote address by Dr. David Jeck, division superintendent of Fauquier County Public Schools.
“Please join us to see some of the amazing science, technology, engineering and math skills exhibited by our high school students,” said Chandra Wilkemeyer, director of the fair.
The junior division fair for sixth through eighth grade students will be held Saturday, April 29.
Senior Division participants include:
• Molly Cesanek, Wakefield School, “Effects of Ice Type and Temperature on Figure Skating Ice.”
• Cameron Collart, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Cost/Benefit Analysis of Human Honesty.”
• Connor Culbertson, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Save the Bees! Insulating Hives to Protect Our Pollinators.”
• Caroline Duckworth, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Effect of Oxybenzone on the Luminosity of Pyrocystis fusiformis.”
• Caragh Heverly, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Nitrate Variation within Rural Settings.”
• Blair Houska, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effect of De-Icing Salts on Fescue Grass Seed Germination.”
• Amy Lee, Liberty High School, “Contamination Nation: The Effectiveness of Cleaning Agents on Bacteria Growth.”
• Brennen Martin, Liberty High School, “Memory and Reaction Rates of Males and Females.”
• Kimberly McAninch, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Strength of Vertically Oriented Glulam Beams.”
• James McAvoy, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “A March Madness Algorithm Compared to Solid Full Timber Beams.”
• Kameron Mize, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Efficacy of Artificial Neural Networks in Detecting Network Threats Through Heuristic Analysis.”
• Dawson Naccarato, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effects of Humidity Levels on Wood Strength.”
• Zita Ribeiro, Fauquier High School, “Dairy Me Fa So La Ti Do?”
• Caitlin Roy, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Income and Standardized Math Test Scores in Virginia.”
• Ethan Schmidt, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effects of Color on Asphalt Temperature.”
• Clay Shafer, Fauquier High School, “Effect of Distraction on Driver Reaction Time.”
• Ellyse Sutliff, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effect of Sodium Chloride Concentration on Brassica oleracea var. Sabellica Growth in a Floating Hydroponic Garden.”
• Bailey Wilson, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “Analysis of Self-Promotion on Instagram.”
• Heather Wotton, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effect of the Removal of Mass on the Calculated Efficiency of Structural Beams.”
• Caroline Yi, Mountain Vista Governor’s School, “The Effect of Academic Rigor on Backpack Health.”
• Matthew Zieg, Kettle Run High School, “Lift Factor: How the Shape of a Propeller Changes the Lift Generated.”
To comment, please
Email News Alerts
Enter your email address above to begin receiving
news updates from FauquierNow.com via email.
Propane tanker accident closes part of Route 17
Tuesday, September 19
Afternoon accident south of Old Tavern causes major traffic problems north of Warrenton
Vint Hill “village center” concept hearing Thursday
Tuesday, September 19
Fauquier planning commission will make recommendation to county supervisors
Prashant Shrestha named assistant superintendent
Tuesday, September 19
Fauquier schools’ budget and planning director promoted, with senior staff reorganization planned
More Fauquier news
James D. Olinger
Bernice D. Hoffman
James D. Newman
Roscoe Strother Boleyn
View all obituaries
Food & Dining
View all food & dining
Health & Medicine
Robert C. Flikeid, DDS & Associates
Tribute at Heritage Village
View all health & medicine
Warrenton Baptist Tiny Tots
Mark B. Williams, PLC
Chick’s Services Inc.
J.D. Eicher Builder
AndrewZ Home Improvement
HibiCo Creative Group
Trusted Auto Care
View all pro services
This n That Amish Outlet
Kelly Ann’s Quilting
View all retail shopping
© Copyright 2011-2016
50 Culpeper Street, Suite 3
Warrenton, Virginia 20187
Add Your News
The Big Picture
Post an Ad
Terms of Service