Place a Classified
Add an Event
Share a Photo
Get Email News Alerts
How do you access the Internet from home?
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Forgot Your Password?
November 12, 2013
Liberty athletic trainers receive national award
Principal Roger Lee (far left) and Activities Director Dean Spahr (far right) present Mandy Carter and her trainers with their safe school banner.
Liberty's athletic training program received the recipient of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award.
The Eagles' training staff - led by head trainer Mandy Carter - earned "1st team" status for the 2013-16 timeframe.
Carter's program satisfied these requirements:
• Create a positive athletic health care administrative system
• Provide or coordinate pre-participation physical examinations
• Promote safe and appropriate practice and competition facilities
• Plan for selection, fit function and proper maintenance of athletic equipment
• Provide a permanent, appropriately equipped area to evaluate and treat injured athletes
• Develop injury and illness prevention strategies, including protocols for environmental conditions
• Provide or facilitate injury intervention
• Create and rehearse a venue-specific Emergency Action Plan
• Provide or facilitate psychosocial consultation and nutritional counseling/education
• Be sure athletes and parents are educated of the potential benefits and risks in sports as well as their responsibilities
For more information on the award, please visit:
Please, send sports news items and/or photos to Sports Editor Mark Trible:
To comment, please
Email News Alerts
Enter your email address above to begin receiving
news updates from FauquierNow.com via email.
Fauquier Bank profits rise for quarter and year-to-date
Wednesday, October 29
Earnings reported at $3.65 million for first nine months, up almost 25 percent
Faces of Fauquier: Trails have become his passion
Wednesday, October 29
Retired from VDOT, Orlean resident Bob Moore works for safe places to hike, cycle and ride horses
40-bed psychiatric hospital proposed at Vint Hill
Tuesday, October 28
Zoning in place on 25-acre site for center that could open in 2017, if state grants approval
More Fauquier news
Samuel R. Griffith
Theodore Cole Whitcomb Jr.
Dorothy Rider Waggoner
Robert H. Trumbo Sr.
Hugh F. Leazer
View all obituaries
Food & Dining
Great Harvest Bread Co.
Hidden Julles Cafe
View all food & dining
Health & Medicine
Blaser Physical Therapy
Robert C. Flikeid, DDS & Associates
The Natural Marketplace
View all health & medicine
Tammy Roop - Century 21 New Millennium
Ciao Bella Photography
Mark B. Williams, PLC
Oak View National Bank
J.D. Eicher Builder
View all pro services
Jim Harris Buick GMC
Marta’s Gifts and Fine Jewelry
View all retail shopping
© Copyright 2011-2013
50 Culpeper Street, Suite 3
Warrenton, Virginia 20187
Add Your News
The Big Picture
Post an Ad
Terms of Service