FAUQUIER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
The Fauquier County Board of Supervisors will hold a work session at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 10, 2020, in the Warren Green Building at 10 Hotel Street in Warrenton, Virginia, and will hold a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Fauquier High School auditorium at 705 Waterloo Road in Warrenton, Virginia, to be followed by a public hearing to obtain citizen input on the following item(s):
1. AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER FOUR (ANIMALS) OF THE FAUQUIER COUNTY CODE - A public hearing to consider comprehensive amendments to Chapter Four (Animals) of the Fauquier County Code. The amendments, if adopted, will bring Chapter Four into conformance with the authority provided to the County by the Comprehensive Animal Care laws of the Code of Virginia, § 3.2-6500, et seq. (M.C. Anderson, Staff)
2. CONSIDER A LEASE OF 62 CULPEPER STREET, WARRENTON – A public hearing pursuant to Code of Virginia § 15.2-1800 to consider input regarding the lease of 62 Culpeper Street. (M.C. Anderson, Staff)
3. PROPOSED BOUNDARY ADJUSTMENT FROM FAUQUIER-COUNTY OWNED REAL PROPERTY IDENTIFIED AS PIN# 6888-01-4277-000 – A public hearing pursuant to Code of Virginia § 15-2-1800 to receive comment regarding a boundary line adjustment between County-owned property located at 7252 Fifth Street in Remington, Virginia, and adjoining landowners. (Paul S. McCulla, Staff)
4. ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT TEXT-20-013934 – A Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to Articles 3, 5 and 15 to allow Transitional Family Housing as a special use in the Rural Agricultural (RA) District. (Amy Rogers, Staff)
5. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-013772, COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD OF FAUQUIER COUNTY A/K/A FAUQUIER COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD (OWNER / APPLICANT) – CEDAR LEE MIDDLE SCHOOL – An application to amend a previously approved Category 5 Special Exception (SEAM07-LE-002) to allow for the expansion of the existing Primary School. The property is located at 11138 Marsh Road, Lee District (PIN 6899-23-0591-000). (Kara Krantz, Staff)
6. AN ORDINANCE TO EXEMPT THE PERSONAL PROPERTY OF COVENANT CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION, FROM TAXATION - A public hearing to consider whether to grant personal property tax exemption to Covenant Christian Academy. The assessed value of the personal property for which exemption is requested is $30,989.00. The property tax assessed against such property is $712.75. (Tracy A. Gallehr, Staff)
7. AN ORDINANCE TO EXEMPT THE REAL PROPERTY OF CORNERSTONE MISSIONS, INC., DOING BUSINESS AS ABC BEHAVIOR, A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION, FROM TAXATION - A public hearing to consider whether to grant real property tax exemption to Cornerstone Missions, Inc., d.b.a. ABC Behavior. The assessed value of the real property for which exemption is requested is $947,800.00. The property tax assessed against such property is $9,434.77. (Tracy A. Gallehr, Staff)
prior to December 10, 2020.
Pursuant to the County’s emergency continuity of government ordinance adopted May 14, 2020, citizens are encouraged to participate virtually in this process and may view the meeting via livestream at http://fauquier-va.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=1
and on Fauquier County Government Channel 23.
Those desiring to participate in the meeting remotely must register in advance. Instructions are available on the County website at https://www.fauquiercounty.gov/government/boards-committees/board-of-supervisors/bosvirtual-meeting
. In person participants will be required to wear a face covering and maintain strict social distancing measures that may involve waiting in line outside of the building.
Fauquier County does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in admission or access to its programs and activities. Accommodations will be made for handicapped persons upon prior request. Citizens requiring reasonable accommodation for disabilities or requiring any other assistance related to the meeting should contact Ms. Renée Culbertson, Deputy Municipal Clerk, at (540) 422-8020.