FAUQUIER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
The Fauquier County Board of Supervisors will hold a work session at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 11, 2021, in the Warren Green Building at 10 Hotel Street in Warrenton, Virginia, and will hold a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the same location.
1. A RESOLUTION TO GRANT A POWERLINE EASEMENT TO DOMINION ENERGY VIRGINIA - A public hearing to consider the adoption of a resolution authorizing the execution of a right of way agreement across a portion of County-owned property identified as PIN 6030-38-1965-000 on Sage Road in Marshall Magisterial District. (Paul S. McCulla, Staff)
2. AN ORDINANCE TO ABANDON A PORTION OF CENTER STREET IN REMINGTON, VIRGINIA - An ordinance to abandon a portion of public right-of-way in Remington, Virginia, known as Center Street that lies north of Fifth Street and over the common property boundary between Lot 10 (PIN 6888-01-3254-000; owners: Lois C. and L. Cecil Welch) and Lot 11 (PIN 6888-01-4277-000; owner: Fauquier County Board of Supervisors). Said public right-of-way was created in a plat of subdivision of Perrow’s Addition to Remington recorded in Deed Book 89 at page 146 among the Fauquier County land records. (MC Anderson, Staff)
3. AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 17, ARTICLE IV OF THE FAUQUIER COUNTY CODE - An amendment to Chapter 17, Article IV, of the Fauquier County Code (Catlett and Calverton Sewer Remediation District) to allow parcels outside of the service district with a failed or failing system to connect to the sewer system and to increase the availability fee (“tap fee”) from $26,000.00 to $31,500.00. (MC Anderson, Staff)
4. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-013740 - PARKSIDE VILLAGE, LLC, VINT HILL VILLAGE, LLC AND COUNTY OF FAUQUIER VIRGINIA (OWNERS) / VHL EAST, LLC AND VHL WEST, LLC (APPLICANTS) – VINT HILL LOFTS – An application for a Special Exception to allow multi-family residential uses in existing buildings. The properties are located at 4285 Bludau Drive and 4221 Sigler Road, Scott District. (Portions of PINs 7915-63-2639-000, 7915-63-8665-000 and 7915-64-9304-000) (Adam Shellenberger, Staff)
5. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-014233 – ELITE POWER & ENERGY CORPORATION (OWNER / APPLICANT) – ELITE POWER & ENERGY PROPANE DISTRIBUTION SITE – An application for a Category 15 Special Exception to allow for bulk storage of petroleum products. The property is located at 7587 Capitol Way, Marshall District. (PIN 6979-28-9770-000) (Kara Krantz, Staff)
6. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-014263 – DONALD LEE & DEBRA L. SHERBEYN (OWNERS / APPLICANTS) – PAY IT FORWARD RANCH – An application for a Category 29 Special Exception to waive the public street requirement. The property is located at 13199 Elk Run Road, Cedar Run District. (PIN 7816-89-1656-000) (Kara Krantz, Staff)
7. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-013767 – GILL BROTHERS TRANSPORTATION, INC. (OWNER / APPLICANT) – GILL BROTHERS TRANSPORTATION – An application for a Category 21 Special Exception to allow for a Motor Freight Terminal. The property is located at 4175 Whiting Road, Scott District. (PIN 6979-39-9034-000) (Adam Shellenberger, Staff)
8. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-013938 – FRANCIS G. FORTIN, JR. (OWNER) / SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORP. (APPLICANT) – HARTWOOD AIRPORT – An application for a Category 17 Special Exception to allow for General Industrial use in the Rural Agricultural (RA) District on more than one acre when reusing legally existing airport facilities. The property is located at 40 Dophie Road, Cedar Run District. (PIN 7836-61-5667-000, 7836-60-4388-000 and 7836-70-3951-000) (Adam Shellenberger, Staff)
9. SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX-20-014264 – BRETT J. LUDDEN (OWNER / APPLICANT) – LEEDS MANOR ART GALLERY – An application for a Category 7 Special Exception to allow the adaptive re-use of a commercial garage for an art gallery. The property is located at 5049 Leeds Manor Road, Marshall District. (PIN 6928-56-6141-000) (Wendy Wheatcraft, Staff)
10. REZONING REZN-19-012268 – NORTH FORTY ASPEN PLUS, LP (OWNER / APPLICANT) – ASPEN VILLAGE – An application to rezone approximately 9.98 acres from Planned Residential Development (PRD) to Garden Apartment (GA) with proffers. The property is located at 6206 Aspen Way, Lee District. (PIN 6899-35-8059-000) (Adam Shellenberger, Staff)
11. REZONING AMENDMENT REZN-20-014259 & SPECIAL EXCEPTION AMENDMENT SPEX-20-014260 – MINTBROOK DEVELOPERS, LLC (OWNER / APPLICANT) – MINTBROOK – An application to amend portions of a previously approved Proffer Statement, Concept Development Plan and Code of Development; and an application to amend a previously approved Special Exception for a drive-through facility. The properties are located on Marsh Road and Lafayette Avenue, Lee District. (PIN 6899-18-3742-000, 6899-17-2503-000, 6899-16-3430-000, 6899-16-4132-000 and a portion of 6889-99-0259-000) (Adam Shellenberger, Staff)
prior to March 11, 2021.
Pursuant to the County’s emergency continuity of government ordinance adopted May 14, 2020, citizens are encouraged to participate virtually in this process and may view the meeting via livestream at http://fauquier-va.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=1
and on Fauquier County Government Channel 23.
Those desiring to participate in the meeting remotely must register in advance. Instructions are available on the County website at https://www.fauquiercounty.gov/government/board-of-supervisors/electronic-meeting-protocol
. In person participants will be required to wear a face covering and maintain strict social distancing measures that may involve waiting in line outside of the building.
Fauquier County does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in admission or access to its programs and activities. Accommodations will be made for handicapped persons upon prior request. Citizens requiring reasonable accommodation for disabilities or requiring any other assistance related to the meeting should contact Ms. Renée Culbertson, Deputy Municipal Clerk, at (540) 422-8020.