Public Safety Telecommunicator
Fauquier County Government
Fauquier County Emergency Communications is currently seeking self-motivated individuals with excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities to join our team!
Emergency Communications work can be difficult but rewarding, allowing employees to truly make a difference in the lives of fellow citizens. It involves the need for great focus and attentiveness during calls because the cost of mistakes can be life threatening.
The position is full time permanent position with a 12 hr rotating shift schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. The department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Mandatory overtime will be required during critical incidents or to maintain staffing levels. On call time is also mandatory. The job requires a combination of public service commitment and strong technical skills that can be learned during an on-the-job training period.
Current Public Safety Telecommunicator experience preferred but not required.
A successful candidate will have to complete the following:
- Typing test of 35 wpm or better
- Criticall testing with a score of 80% or better
(The typing test and Criticall testing are done on the same day; 1-3 hours to complete.)
- Pass the interview process (not held the same days as testing)
- Successfully complete the criminal history background investigation, including personal history statement, fingerprinting, and polygraph
- Pass a limited physical
Salary commensurate with experience: Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee - Public Safety Telecommunicator I - Public Safety Telecommunicator II
As a Public Safety Telecommunicator you will be a valued employee of the Sheriff’s Office team. You will work with advanced technologies and you will have opportunities to:
- Fly Unmanned Aircraft
- Mentor Explorers
- Be a crisis negotiator
- Car Seat installer
- Be a Peer Support Team Member
- Receive Mental Health Training
Comprehensive Benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage at very competitive rates
- Up to 14 paid holidays annually, sick leave, annual leave, and personal days
- Virginia Retirement System pension plan & a life insurance policy 2X annual salary
- 457(B) individual retirement plan
- Access our Employee Wellness Center which is free for all permanent employees & dependents
To view full job description and to submit your application, resume and cover letter today, applicant must visit wwww.jobs.fauquiercounty.gov.
Say you found it on Fauquier Now!