POSITION: Stormwater Management Coordinator
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $60,255.00 - $78,331.50 per year
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time Permanent, 37.5 Hour Week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
• Review land disturbing and development plans for compliance with adequate channel, stormwater management and other environmental and engineering aspects of the County’s Design Standards Manual, Subdivision Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance.
• Review floodplain studies and serve as the County’s liaison for Floodplain Management.
• Reviews stormwater management as-built plans and conducts site reviews for conformance with design plans and the function adequacy of facilities and systems.
• Provide technical assistance to general public, engineers, builders, land developers and various County and State agencies in respect to erosion and sediment, construction and stormwater issues;
• Assist with the interpretation and enforcement of applicable federal, state and local codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, standards, policies and procedures related to stormwater requirements;
• Performs mandatory stormwater inspections on commercial sites, subdivisions, single-family homes and land disturbance permit projects;
• Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in stormwater management design/plan review and floodplain management,
• General knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of Virginia Stormwater Regulations;
• Ability to read and interpret site plans, construction plans and designs to ensure compliance with E&S and Stormwater regulations,
• Ability to communicate ideas effective in both oral and written form,
• Ability to be firm and tact in enforcing Erosion and Sediment and Stormwater regulations,
• Possess and maintain a valid Virginia Driver’s License.
Interested applicants must submit a Fauquier County Online Application at https://eportal.fauquiercounty.gov/mss/EmploymentOpportunities/