Have you completed the 2020 Census questionnaire? Vote!
HOME OBITUARIES NEWS OPINIONS BUSINESS STYLE CALENDAR CLASSIFIEDS
December 13, 2019

Supporting gun rights, 2,000 crowd Old Town

There’s such a divide in this country. Why has this become a Democratic issue and a Republican issue? There’s no bipartisanship anymore. You see it on the TV all the time.
— Clyde R. Simpson of Marshall
After listening to more than four hours of citizen comments Thursday night, Fauquier’s board of supervisors took no action on a controversial resolution that pledges its support of the Second Amendment.

Spilling onto Hotel and Court streets in Old Town Warrenton, about 2,000 people gathered outside the Warren Green Building to show their strong opposition to any attempts by the Virginia General Assembly to adopt stricter gun laws during the 2020 legislative session.

The legislature will meet Jan. 8 through March 7 in Richmond.

At one point, the line to enter the Warren Green wrapped around the block on Ashby, Lee, Culpeper and Hotel streets.

With the temperature dipping to the mid-20s, people started arriving before 5 p.m. The building opened at 6 p.m. and the meeting started about 30 minutes later.

Most sported round, orange stickers that read: “Guns Save Lives.”

In often impassioned language, the vast majority of Thursday’s 74 speakers urged the board to designate Fauquier a “Second Amendment sanctuary” or a “constitutional county” — terms sometimes used interchangeably.

Fauquier’s draft resolution (at bottom of story) stops short of that.

But, the proposed resolution reaffirms the supervisors’ support of the Second Amendment and recommends state lawmakers to back a series of gun safety measures.

The supervisors agreed to delay a vote on a resolution until Monday, Dec. 23. The extra time will allow them to perhaps add more “teeth,” Chairman Chris Butler (Lee District) suggested.

The board already has revised the resolution, making at least eight changes in the most recent version.

Jason Garwood of New Baltimore and most other speakers want a much tougher, more explicit statement.

If the supervisors declared Fauquier a “constitutional county,” Sheriff Bob Mosier wouldn’t “enforce unconstitutional laws” and Commonwealth’s Attorney Scott C. Hook wouldn’t prosecute those people in violation of such laws, Mr. Garwood said.

The board also wouldn’t appropriate county funds to enforce them, Mr. Garwood said.

Like many others, he urged the supervisors to approve a resolution that “has real teeth — one which says in the spirit of 1776, we will not comply with (the General Assembly’s) tyranny. Do the right thing, and let’s do it tonight.”

Warrenton resident Jordan Wilson also wants a “true Second Amendment sanctuary or constitution county” resolution.

Fauquier should join the 84 Virginia local governments — neighboring Culpeper, Prince William, Rappahannock and Warren counties among them — that already have adopted such resolutions, Mr. Wilson said.

While the resolutions carry no legal authority, advocates believe they send state lawmakers a strong message that stricter gun laws won’t be tolerated.

“What we citizens need is your public commitment not to use the power of your office to appropriate any of our tax dollars toward the implementation of federal or state gun restrictions which infringe on the Second Amendment,” Mr. Wilson told the supervisors. “We cannot wait for months, years or decades while our rights are trampled, in the hopes the (U.S.) Supreme Court might one day put a stop to it.”

Second Amendment sanctuary proponent Mark Marchwicki of Bealeton called the board’s draft resolution a “vague attempt to appease law-abiding citizens” of Fauquier.

Mr. Marchwicki added: “It reads like terms of surrender from the vanquished, even before the battle begins.”

Clyde R. Simpson of Marshall and other speakers believe the gun rights’ issues should transcend party politics.

“There’s such a divide in this country,” said Mr. Simpson, a Second Amendment sanctuary advocate. “Why has this become a Democratic issue and a Republican issue? There’s no bipartisanship anymore. You see it on the TV all the time.”

Gov. Ralph Northam (D) supports stricter gun laws, which the 2020 General Assembly will consider.

On Nov. 5, Democrats won majorities in both the 100-member Virginia House of Delegates and 40-member Senate. Not since 1993 has the party controlled state government.

The country and its leaders “should be talking about” drug overdoses, automobile deaths and mental health issues, Mr. Simpson said.

He described the right the bear arms the “second most important thing in our lives.”

Without it, “nothing else matters if you can’t defend yourself.”

Several speakers voiced concerns that proposed Senate Bill 16 would broaden the definition of an assault weapon, resulting in confiscation of firearms they own.

Wayne Berg, who lives near Warrenton, prefers the board’s proposed resolution to a sanctuary one.

As a veteran, he served to protect and defend the “whole” U.S. Constitution, Mr. Berg explained.

He cautioned against “picking the parts (of the Constitution) that we like or irritate us. And, I don’t mean that glibly. But, I think a lot of what I’ve heard tonight, especially the things that border on some kind of violence or refusal to follow the law, is pretty serious stuff.

“And, that’s not the Constitution that I thought I was defending — that we could select our parts.”

He believes the proposed resolution tries to send the message “that there is room for conversation to approach these issues.”

Only one-tenth of the crowd could get inside the Warren Green Building or the nearby Town Hall, which had a video feed. The county building accommodated about 130 and Town Hall another 80.

Kevin Greeley of Marshall complained to the board about the arrangement.

“This venue is unacceptable,” Mr. Greeley said of the board’s meeting room, which the fire code limits to 50 people.

By contrast, he noted Warren County conducted its Tuesday night hearing in a high school auditorium. About 1,000 people attended, according to news reports.

“You could have planned for a better venue,” said Mr. Greeley, a gunsmith. “Clearly, 50 people in this room does not show the outpouring outside.”

The board decided not to move meeting because it twice had advertised the venue before deciding to take up a Second Amendment resolution Dec. 12, Supervisor Butler said.

Postponing action on a resolution will ensure that “I’ve said what I want to say and that the other board members have an opportunity to say what they want to say,” the board chairman said.

Following the county attorney’s advice, Mr. Butler said he doesn’t support Second amendment “sanctuary language” because doing so could set a precedent.

“If you sanctuary this, every cause or anything that the left might want to present to me as a Republican” might be difficult to deny if 2,000 people demanded such status, he said.

Defeat of stricter gun bills in Richmond will require a concerted and determined effort by all, Supervisor Chris Granger (Center) told the audience.

“Fauquier will have a lobbyist in the halls of Richmond” during the 2020 legislative session, Mr. Granger said. “And that is where this is going to be stopped.”

To ensure that, gun rights’ advocates must persuade at least eight Democratic legislators — six in the Senate and two in the House — to join Republicans, he said.

Mr. Granger also said that Second Amendment backers must take every opportunity to make their views known to state lawmakers.

“You have to get in front of these people.”

Contact Don Del Rosso at Don@FauquierNow.com or 540-270-0300.

Fauquier Draft Resolution o... by Fauquier Now on Scribd

Member comments
Constitutional Insurgent · December 17, 2019 at 7:48 pm
Heh, I thought that was weird. No worries...it happens to all of us!
jim goodwin · December 17, 2019 at 6:50 pm
Oh, crap. I just realized my 2:33 post was supposed to be directed at Demosthenes, not Constitutional Insurgent. My appologies, CI. Forgot who I was debating. 8>)
jim goodwin · December 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm
CI - LOL!! So I guess everything else I said was just a hot mess?

No worries. I enjoy the civil banter. Thanks for that.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 17, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Jim - We certainly don’t disagree where it regards the 2nd Amendment.
jim goodwin · December 17, 2019 at 2:33 pm
CI,

The 2A supporters were also exercising their rights of free speech and assembly that night. Acknowledgment was tacit.

With regard to my opinion that the press are "the enemy of the people", okay, I admit that's a gross overstatement. There's lots of room for nuance in this discussion but as I laid out in the earlier post, there are some pretty egregious violations of journalistic integrity going on at moment. We have a confluence of biased, click-bait headlines being pushed at consumers that don't have or take time to look deeper, by media platform algorithms written and tuned by mostly Leftists and that engage in social engineering on a scale never before possible. To me, these, among other things, are a recipe for disaster.

For all his foibles, I think Trump was the right president at the right time. The masks came off after his election. Socialism was assumed to be a fringe movement a few years ago (at least by me). Now we see it has quite a bit of support and it's influencing the policy positions of the entire Democratic field. Trump's presence on the scene exposed just how rabid the Progressive movement is and how easily it can and will morph into Socialism.

Elizabeth Warren said she will abolish the Electoral College if elected. Forget about the economic insanity of her entitlement programs, that right there is checkmate.

I see a clear path to a totalitarian state right under our noses. That is why I think we should not tolerate any further infringements on 2A, though I'm on the fence about UBC.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 17, 2019 at 10:42 am
Damn......if your going to assume someone else’s screen name.....you could at least spell it correctly.

You do need help.
Constitutinal Insurgent · December 17, 2019 at 8:04 am
I apologize to Cammie. I should have believed everything. She was so right!
DonkeyFarmer · December 17, 2019 at 12:00 am
Cammie, I don't think it's your real name. You have in the past gone on mentally deranged rants that question not only your name but your gender. I feel sorry for you. It's like your last cat ran away because he couldn't take your company any more and you are stuck, lonely, angry, and mentally sick. Trump on your mind from morning to night. Worried about your access to abortion when in reality no man could stand your company long enough for you to get pregnant. You are the poster child for red flag laws. You are the next James Hodskinson. Get help.
Virtus · December 16, 2019 at 8:47 pm
Board of Supervisors Adjourned meeting 12/23 @ 5 pm. See link for details and Constitutional County Resolution (revision 3):

Cammie Rodgers · December 16, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Unhinged! How dare you talk about your Chosen One, Donald John Trump, that way!! Really, how dare you bully that fat FRAUD and terrible-twos TROLL. Thanks for playing!
Constitutional Insurgent · December 16, 2019 at 5:25 pm
No.......we thought that was your screen name for this comments section. Your real name is Fraud. Or do you prefer troll?

The unhinged are the most entertaining.
Cammie Rodgers · December 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Ah, darn, I was having so much fun!! Cammie? You think that's my real name. LOLOLOLO. Sucker born every minute in most of America, every second in Virginia.
DonkeyFarmer · December 16, 2019 at 4:24 pm
No thanks Cammie, go bother someone else.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 16, 2019 at 4:04 pm
@Cammie - Nope. You're a fraud and not worth my time.
Cammie Rodgers · December 16, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Twitter @CammieRogers1 for anyone of you born again in a barn yahoos.
Cammie Rodgers · December 16, 2019 at 2:34 pm
Df & CI - Go to my Tiwtter feed where we can REALLY talk. God, you guys are so easy............Impeach 44 1/2 ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????
@CammieRogers1
I don't waste my time with MAGAts. Crazy Coloradoan, democrat, dog lover, mommy, nana, Girl Power!
Demosthenes · December 16, 2019 at 2:01 pm
Goodwin -

There we go! We can agree that free speech is important. It is always good to find common ground with our neighbors, even when we disagree on so many other things.

I am opposed to either side limiting free speech, and you included several good examples of how opinions from the right have been restricted in recent years.

Back to my point - if everyone on here is as patriotic and concerned about the constitution as they claim to be, why are we only rallying for 2nd amendment issues and not for 1st amendment issues? I think there are a lot of people here, and I don't mean to say everyone of course, but there are many on here or in the street the other night who love to use the constitution to push for their agenda. But they don't seem to care about much in the constitution beyond what can be used to support their argument about guns. Just saying, it looks kind of hypocritical. I'd love to see those patriots fighting for all aspects of the constitution.

One place in which you and I will apparently never agree, though, is in regards to the press. You apparently agree that the press is the enemy of the people. I shudder to think that there are others who agree with you on that now. Anyway, I like to check out both the Fox and the Peacock and everything in between. I often find that I disagree with the slant that different sources use for a story, but I still say they have a right to do so. They are not the enemy, and their ability to fact check things said by politicians is a very important check on the government's power.

As for the horrifying thought of dying at the hands of an oppressive government, I'd say whether someone dies with a gun in hand or not they are still just as dead. Let's work together to ensure the success of our democracy before it ever comes to violence.

mgrabner · December 16, 2019 at 12:37 pm
I believe in 2A. I believe that as many showed up to defend it should also show up when it comes to our concern with mental health in this county and demand more services/facilities so our kids don't end up like a Parkland. I don't believe in a tyrannical leader or one who tries to turn this country against itself, the FBI, military veterans, media or the judicial system. Because THAT'S when we will need our guns.
Tell It Like It Is · December 16, 2019 at 8:06 am
Shame on the Board for not moving this meeting to FHS!
Shame on the Board for not providing better AV resources outside!
Shame on the board for making your constituents stand outside in sub freezing weather but that did not deter us!

Pack this meeting a second time only bigger!!

Fauquier needs to be a Constitutional Militia County.

Dec. 23, 2019
10 Hotel Street
Warrenton, VA

6:30 PM

Dress extra warm people to stay as long as it takes !!!

DonkeyFarmer · December 15, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Excellent post Goodwin
jim goodwin · December 15, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Demosthenes
"If we had to fight against our own government (hoping that never ever happens) what use is a an AR-15 against something like a predator drone armed with hellfire missiles? It was one thing to literally fight against a tyranical government in the 1700s when the best technology could potentially be owned by every citizen. But now what?"

Again, it doesn't matter whether we can win or lose. What matters is that we can go down fighting if we so choose. The alternative is to surrender to tyranny.

"Our greatest weapons against tyranny today are weapons of information. The free press is surely more important in protecting our democracy than your AR15 is. But where is the outrage from our 2A patriots against government leaders who call for an end to a free media?"

As of now, I agree discourse is our best weapon. But the last few years have given us example after example where Leftists are trying to shut down free speech whenever it doesn't agree with their agenda, for example:
- climate scientists that disagree with the alarmism being denied research funding, called "climate deniers", etc
- conservative speakers either outright banned from campuses, shouted down or violently protested
- the major media platforms hiding behind "hate speech" guidelines when removing conservative content (PragerU for God's sake!)
- the study by Robert Epstein showing that Google's search algorithm may have swayed "...between 2.6 and 10.4 million votes to Hillary without anyone knowing that this had occurred,"
- an unprecedented 90% negative coverage of Trump in the MSM
- lies by major news outlets, repeated over and over again, even after being debunked and retracted by some (the "fine people" hoax)

I could go on and on with examples. I think what Trump has done with respect to the media pales in comparison. With the behavior I've seen, the "enemy of the people" label is well deserved. The MSM has become a pure propaganda machine. The click-bait headlines in the first page of news search results are what the average person remembers. For example, if you interview the average person and ask which president put children in cages, they'll answer Trump, even though it was Obama.

I say all of that to illustrate that there is INTENT on the left to restrict free speech. There is INTENT on the left to disarm the populace. Their actions speak louder than words.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 15, 2019 at 11:44 am
Apologies for the typo - "Demo" not "Deom".....
Constitutional Insurgent · December 15, 2019 at 11:41 am
BTW Deom - Not republican, but a rather militant Libertarian...so I'm not phased by charges of hypocrisy with the GOP. I would more often than not, agree with you on that issue. What I won't do...is protest against restriction of liberty from the Right...while appearing to advocate for the same from the Left. And vice versa.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 15, 2019 at 11:23 am
Well, I'd have to see what the goals of the free speech protest actually were, as Trump is merely a symptom of a larger infringement on free speech....also included are "hate speech" laws and other institutional speech codes.

UBCs do make complete sense....until the question is asked of how it would ever be enforced. Why wouldn't you be in favor of limiting the type of weapon that is used to cause the vast, overwhelming majority of injuries and deaths, but would rather restrict the firearm that causes a statistical fraction? Doesn't seem like 'common sense' to me.....
Demosthenes · December 15, 2019 at 11:03 am
Insurgent - Stereotype or not, I'm sure it is obvious that we have thousands of people in our community protesting constitutional issues if it relates to guns, but not if it is their own party attacking the free press. I am glad to hear you say that you value free speech just as much as the rest of this. I hope the rest of the 2A people are the same.

As for the gun control debate, I do support some of the measures that Richmond will take. I think universal background checks make complete sense. And if I ever find myself in a public place facing a shooter, I would prefer my chances against 9mm pistols versus an AR15. So I would favor limiting some types of weapons. But I will agree with the 2A people that we should continue to be allowed to have some guns. If the government came for all guns I would be there marching next to you in protest. Or, if the national guard were called in to enforce gun laws (as recently recommended by a democrat in Richmond) I would protest as loudly as possible.

Will the 2A people show the same reasonableness by agreeing to protest with me if we see any real efforts from our president to limit our free press?
DonkeyFarmer · December 15, 2019 at 11:03 am
Demostenes- The fact that the Kurds have guns is why they are still here today and still fighting. You think there would be even one of them left if they were unarmed? You just proved my point, not yours.

And I'm not going to debate Trump with you. You are obviously very upset he is President and any debate with you is a pointless exercise.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 15, 2019 at 10:37 am
@Demo - I'd ask you not to stereotype too much...THIS 2A patriot values free speech just as much as the RKBA. Do you not also value both equally?

The ongoing, never ending misadventure in Afghanistan doesn't serve your argument with regard to the ability to fight back against a better armed tyranny. Should we though merely surrender and become sheep?
Demosthenes · December 15, 2019 at 10:31 am
Donkeyfarmer - of course there are examples of well-armed people being massacred by their own governments. Three easy ones off the top of my head include the Kurds in Iraq in the late 80s. That one is also proof that having rifles does not save you from aerial attacks. Then there were the Kurds a few years ago (and maybe ongoing now?) in Syria. Again proof that rifles are no match for aerial forces. And then there were the Serbs killed by Milosevic in Kosovo in the 90s, which was a place and time where everyone was armed.

Goodwin - if we had to fight against our own government (hoping that never ever happens) what use is a an AR-15 against something like a predator drone armed with hellfire missiles? It was one thing to literally fight against a tyranical government in the 1700s when the best technology could potentially be owned by every citizen. But now what?

DonkeyFarmer · December 15, 2019 at 9:33 am
Cammie- There is no firearm named an AK57. You are not fooling anyone. You don't conduct yourself like someone that is ex-military. Never had a military person refer to gun owners as rednecks.

Bubbas, Rednecks, hope we shoot each other.... That is what the left truly thinks of gun owners.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 15, 2019 at 9:29 am
@Cammie - It's generally not a smart tactic to presume that those whom you're conversing with haven't served...or like myself, spent my adult life either in uniform or presently as a contractor still serving the Armed Forces; or to presume that those you're conversing with on this topic aren't well schooled in the classes and variants for firearms worldwide.

If an "AK-57" [or whatever you deflect to next] actually existed, you could quite easily provide a helpful link.

Since you've decided to engage in a bit of Walter Mitty-ism...we can now start to believe that you've never actually served at all....and that you're a fraud. Well done!
jim goodwin · December 15, 2019 at 9:04 am
Cammie, have a little more respect for your fellow citizens. Attack the ideas, not the people.
Cammie Rodgers · December 15, 2019 at 8:49 am
CI and DF - I'll take my military experience any day over backyard paper target killing rednecks.

AK57's do exist but not in the USA, guess you boys need to get out more.
jim goodwin · December 15, 2019 at 8:37 am
Dmosthenes also said, and I forgot to address, this:
"Stop cherry picking examples from history that support your agenda. And if you are afraid of tyranny here, then be sure to vote for moderates and not extremists. Be sure to resist a president who has tweeted over 30 times that he would like to be able to control our media. Be sure to resist people who want to undermine the rule of law, or who push law enforcement to violate their oath to uphold the laws of the land."

Talk about cherry picking. Law makers take an oath to uphold the Constitutions (federal and state) and yet they propose unconstitutional legislation.
jim goodwin · December 15, 2019 at 8:09 am
Demosthenes, I don't for a second believe that an armed populace will always stop a determined tyranny. That's not the point.

The point is, that an armed populace at least has the CHANCE to fight. This nation was formed by an armed populace fighting against what they believed to be tyranny. If the British at that time had the foresight to disarm the populace before the insurgency, do you think the insurgency would have even occurred?

Armed or not, fighting back is always an option. Fighting back while armed increases the odds. That is our right and it needs to be protected.

If you want to live in a place where the government has total power over the populace there are plenty of places to go. But I don't want that here.
DonkeyFarmer · December 15, 2019 at 7:38 am
Demosthenes - Your reasoning is flawed. Let's compile a list of unarmed homes that were NOT invaded. Sure would be a long list. So this proves you do not need to be armed to avoid a home invasion.....

How about rather than Goodwin makes a list of countries that did not have massacres, you give ONE country that had an armed populace and the government was able to massacre the people.

And of course, 6:33 Sunday morning, and Trump is on your mind. You people are seriously sick.
Demosthenes · December 15, 2019 at 6:33 am
Goodwin -

You made a solid list of countries where people were disarmed and then innocents were killed.

It is important to note that we could compose an even longer list of nations that do not allow easy access to guns today (some more than others) and which also do not have tyranny and genocide taking place. We can easily start with nations like Japan, Singapore, all of Europe outside of Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand.

So go back to your thesis and revise it. It isn't that a lack of guns leads to tyranny in the modern world. There must be something else as well. Consider for the nations you listed the government's role in dominating the media. Yup, that list is also a great list of nations in which the state took over the news programs. That is also a list of nations which had some form of extremism in government (from either the right or the left). That is also a list of nations that did not have the long history of professional military, professional law enforcement, and commitment to the rule of law that we have today.

jim goodwin · December 15, 2019 at 5:54 am
And Robert Kennedy served as attorney general to JFK. So what?
Jennie · December 15, 2019 at 12:59 am
martinkus ·"Go get 'em Fauquier Bubbas!"....Well I am an Hispanic Woman and FORMER Democrat of 25 years. I would gladly stand with "those Fauquier Bubbas. I earned my conceal carry permit because at 5'1/ with petite frame, I am no match for aggressive people, a gun makes it even. What we need is more mental health not restrictions on law abiding citizens.
Post Washington · December 14, 2019 at 10:17 pm
And so are Bill Barr's kids. WOW. WOW. WOW
Post Washington · December 14, 2019 at 10:16 pm
Rudy Giuliani's f'ing SON is working in the f'ing WHITE HOUSE! That is pretty elitist to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DonkeyFarmer · December 14, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Cammie you don't make a typo of AK to AR. You are a liar. Shame on you Cammie. Say 20 Hail Marys.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 14, 2019 at 8:26 pm
@cammie - there is no such firearm called an AK-57. I guess we have our answer.
Cammie Rodgers · December 14, 2019 at 8:19 pm
CI: My bad, typo, meant AK-57's not AR. We can't all be perfect like yourself....lololol.
DonkeyFarmer · December 14, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Cammie- There have been 150 MILLION AK47s produced. It is by far the most copied design of any rifle in history. And you basically say it is unusable. And nobody calls an AR15 an Armalite 15. I'm calling B.S.

Martinkus is looking for attention. Makes the same stupid joke over and over

WaPo is another that suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome
Post Washington · December 14, 2019 at 6:54 pm
CI? You agree with JG? In my opinion, thats a good thing.
Constitutional Insurgent · December 14, 2019 at 6:38 pm
@Cammie - You may want to increase your experience with AK platforms. I have several, and not a one of them [not to mention the Soviet bloc issued AKs that I have experience with] do anything close to what you claim. Curious.

I'm even more curious about your previous reference to "AR-57's".

Jim Goodwin quite handily addressed the other issues.
jim goodwin · December 14, 2019 at 6:25 pm
brandonj, don't be too sure there's nothing wrong or being infringed upon in the schools. Look up "Deep Equity". It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Back on topic...

People opposed to 2A think we can legislate our way out of our societal ills. Every idea they have involves giving government more power. Why is that? There are tens of millions of gun owners in the U.S. that never have and never will hurt an innocent person. Yet people so consumed by compassion for victims of gun violence think it's just fine to compel those tens of millions to give up their rights or to make exercising those rights increasingly difficult. Why is that? Because it's easy, that's why. It's far too difficult to raise good citizens so let's just put all that responsibility on the government and we can pretend we did something good.

Why do some people choose to hurt other people? Is it because they have access to the tools? Or is it because we have failed as a society to instill in that individual the proper respect for his fellow man and the intellectual tools to resolve his differences peacefully?

Why are the "bubbas" standing up for their 2A rights? Is it because they lack the intellectual capacity to understand the danger of guns? Do they lack compassion for victims of gun violence? Or is it simply because they are fiercely independent and distrust government (part of the reason "bubbas" choose to live in sparsely populated areas).

Linda Ward - you said "Really, what did people do BEFORE there were guns?"

They killed each other with blades.

Linda Ward - you said "How many times have any of the people against stricter gun laws been INVADED, ATTACKED, or even had someone say "Boo" to them. The sky is falling!!!"

Tell that to the citizens of Venezuala, the Jews of Nazi Germany and the political dissidents of the Soviet Union, China and North Korea. Those societies, among others, were all disarmed. Just keep in mind that history repeats itself.

1911: Turkey; citizens disarmed – 1.5 million Armenians were slaughtered
1929: Russia; citizens disarmed – 20 million Russians murdered
1935: China; citizens disarmed – 20 million Chinese killed
1938: Germany; citizens disarmed – 6 million Jews murdered
1956: Cambodia; citizens disarmed – 1 million “intellectuals” killed
1964: Guatemala; citizens disarmed – 100,000 Mayan Indians massacred
1970: Uganda; citizens disarmed – 300,000 Christians put to death

Cammie Rodgers - you said "I've read the 2nd Amendment - it was written for a militia scenario, not every day life, unless you think this country is at war. I've seen war zones, this country isn't even close!"

You may have read the 2nd Amendment but you clearly didn't understand it. Many people interpret it the way you do. The founders feared government tyranny and wanted to ensure that the citizens could form militias as needed in order to combat it. Therefore, their right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The suggested militia was not a government military but a citizen militia.
Post Washington · December 14, 2019 at 6:23 pm
You go E82! Fauquier's finest. Martini! Ha! They got grievances. But not about public schools because they don't care about public schools. Taxes! Now that'l warm them critters up. Guns! Yup! Authority? Welp the sheriff done them wrong with that inspection sticker thingy. Warshington DC? Gone to the birds. Impeachment? Based on lies. What's real? That pizza place where they got them childs locked up. They ain't no childs locked up in our trailer park! Biden kid!? Got paid a lotta denaros from YOUCRAIN. Yup. I'm glad Rudy's kid is work'n the White House. He qualified in them big brown shoes and blue surge suit. Cause he Rudy's KID by gummit!
Cammie Rodgers · December 14, 2019 at 6:11 pm
I used to term Armalite because I get tired of people saying Assault Rifle (AR) which it is not, it is a semi-automatic. An M-16 can go fully automatic, that is why it isn't sold to the general public.

AK's are unreliable, shoot all over the place, the barrel and hand guards get so hot you have to use Kevlar gloves to hold on to it. Another weapon not made for general population.

You want your rights, I want my rights. Sure I'm angry, many people are angry, and it's doesn't help that we have a "mad" King that is enjoying the chaos. Let's see who's experience in a war zone comes in handy. Run for the hills or hide under your beds.
martinkus · December 14, 2019 at 4:36 pm
Go get 'em Fauquier Bubbas!
Monday, April 6
The Fauquier County Circuit Court clerk’s office recorded these real estate transfers March 26-April 1, 2020
Monday, April 6
Amy Andrejewski had her career-changing, ”light-bulb moment” while working as an advertising sales representative
Monday, April 6
Cliffs Mill Road property owner awakened Friday night by vehicle in driveway and encountered suspect, sheriff”s office says