He is a strong advocate for business, which uniquely qualifies him to lead us into our next 100 years.
— Marianne Clyde, chamber board chairwoman
• Age: 57
• Home: Warrenton.
• Work: Executive director, Fauquier Chamber of Commerce, starting Sept. 1.
• Office sought: Ward 2 seat on Warrenton Town Council, four-year term starts July 1; started first term in 2016.
• Experience: Director of global brand food and beverage services, Hilton Worldwide in McLean, 2015-20; general manager and chief operating officer, Fauquier Springs Country Club, 2013-15; director brand relations, Hilton Worldwide, 2010-13; regional director, Hilton Worldwide, 2004-10; area director, Hilton Worldwide, 2003-04; owner and operator, Shenandoah Holdings Inc., 1999-2003.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree, hospitality management, Johnson and Wales University, Providence, R.I., 1991; associate’s degree, culinary arts, Johnson and Wales University, Charleston, S.C., 1989; Salisbury School, Connecticut, 1982; Eaglebrook School, Massachusetts, 7th to 9th grade; Highland School, kindergarten to 7th grade.
• Family: Wife, Teri; three children, Hope, Devon and Max.
• Hobbies: Fishing, hunting and traveling.