Brad Baker died Jan. 1, 1981, in a Washington hospital.
The attack took place in this Kinloch Farm house, since demolished.
Baker murder case
• Defendant: Ronald Richard Cloud, 66, serving life sentence for abduction and rape since 1988 in West Virginia.
• Victim: Brad Baker, 30, manager of Kinloch Farm east of The Plains.
• Details: Mr. Baker suffered shotgun wounds to head and groin Dec. 31, 1980, in his house at Kinloch. He died the next day.
• Investigation: Led to four felony charges, including first-degree murder, against Mr. Cloud in January 2013.
• Trial: Scheduled Oct. 28-31 in Fauquier County Circuit Court
• Defense attorney: Katherine Martell and Meredith Ralls of FirstPoint Law Group in Fairfax
• Prosecutor: Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Jamey Cook
• Judge: Jeffrey W. Parker
• Next: Friday, Aug. 22, judge will hear defense motions, including those to exclude a videotaped interview and alleged confession and to move the trial from Fauquier.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.