Kevin is a consummate business person. He understands that the town, although it’s not a business, has to run like one. I like the way he approaches things.
— Walter Story
Kevin T. Carter
• Age: 54
• Work: President and director of operations, Guests Inc., Strasburg, 2016-present.
• Home: Old Orchard Lane, Warrenton.
• Office sought: Re-election to Ward 5 seat on Warrenton Town Council; four-year term starts July 1.
• Experience: Managing director, Airlie Foundation, 2000-16; food and beverage manager, Benchmark Hospitality, 1997-2000; management consultant, Ameristar Casinos, 1996-97; director of operations, ClubCorp, 1995-97; resident manager, Jack Tarr Village Resort, St. Kitts, West Indies, 1995-96; food and beverage operations director, Kiawah Island (S.C.) Golf Resort, 1993-95; food and beverage director, Rancho Valencia, California, 1990-93; assistant food and beverage director, U.S. Grant Hotel, San Diego, 1985-90; captain, JC Resorts, 1980-83.
• Education: University of San Diego High School, 1984.
• Organizations: Fauquier Bankshares board member, former Fauquier Chamber of Commerce board member, former St. James Episcopal Church senior warden, former Fauquier Health and Fauquier Health Foundation director, former Fauquier County Republican Committee past chairman.
• Family: Wife Carrie and three children, Madison, Emma and Jack.
• Hobbies: Fishing, hunting, biking and golf