It was like a bomb . . . . It was a fireball when it went up.
— Truck driver Eddie Thomas, accident witness
Reckless Driving Trial
• What: June 12 traffic accident on Route 29 at Freemans Ford Road near Remington.
• Victims: Juan Lopez Jimenez, 37, and Hortencia Lainez Lopez, 38, of Culpeper died at the scene.
• Defendant: Jonathan Dodson, 34, of Gordonsville.
• Trial: By judge, Tuesday, Oct. 31, in Fauquier County General District Court.
• Conviction: Reckless driving.
• Sentence: 12 months in jail and $2,500 fine; driver license suspended six months.
• Defense attorney: Marie E. Washington.
• Prosecutor: Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Charles K. Peters.
• Judge: J. Gregory Ashwell.