Mintbrook residents Robin Phillips and Bernard Mills easily can walk to the new store.
Manager Sarah Funk, who previously managed the Sheet at Opal, has worked more than 12 years for the company.
It gets to 2 or 3 o’clock in the morning and I need a snack, I can walk over there and do what I do. The community needs more things like that.
— Bernard Mills
Bealeton Sheetz Opening
• When: 8 a.m. Friday, Sept. 27
• Where: 2.3-acre site at Routes 17 and 28
• Store size: About 6,000 square feet
• Employees: 30, half of them full-time workers; the store plans to hire 5 more full-timers.
• Starting pay: $12 per hour
• Details: Store opening celebration will include $2,500 donations to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank and Special Olympics Virginia, gift card drawings, giveaways, a ribbon-cutting ceremony and free fountain drinks and coffee for first day.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.