He’s had an all-round career, in my opinion. He ran his own business a long, long time. I like having people in business on the council . . . . Obviously, he has legislative experience. And, I think Jerry’s a consensus-builder who can work with everybody.
— Councilwoman Sunny Reynolds
Jerry M. Ward
• Age: 77
• Home: 758 Cherry Tree Lane, Warrenton
• Work: Pharmacist in Fredericksburg, Culpeper and Warrenton, 1963-2005.
• Government: Appointed to Warrenton Town Council (Ward 1), 2014-16; Virginia House of Delegates (31st District), 1991-93; served on the Virginia Board of Pharmacy and Virginia Board of Health Professions.
• Community: Boys & Girls Club of Fauquier, Literacy Volunteers of Fauquier, Mental Health Association of Fauquier, Fauquier/Warrenton Optimist Club, Warrenton Rotary Club, Fauquier Free Clinic, Fauquier County Democratic Committee, St. James’ Episcopal Church, Fauquier Cancer Society and others.
• Education: Medical College of Virginia School of Pharmacy, 1962; Salem High School.
• Family: Wife Coleen; six children, and 12 grandchildren.